- The History of Transplant
- Care of the Abdominal Organ Transplant Patient: Perspectives from Bedside Nursing
- A Day in the Life of an OR Transplant Nurse
- New Allocation Score System
- Donor Champion
- KPD: No Longer a Trial
- Infectious Disease & Transplantation
- VAD: Destination Therapy vs. Bridge to Transplantation
- Live Liver Donation
- Advanced Practice Involvement with Transplant Research
- Continuum of Care for the Lung Transplant Patient
- Evaluating the Complex Liver Patient
- Long Term Outcomes of the Heart Transplant Program
To access the Transplant Nursing Conference brochure, click here.
Early bird discount extended! Register by 8am on September 8, 2014 and receive a 20% discount in the registration fee - only $120. After that date/time, the registration fee is $150.
- Accreditation Statement: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Statement of Contact Hours: This 7.0 contact hour educational activity is co-provided by The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing.
- Conflict of Interest: It is the policy of The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing to require our continuing nursing education program faculty and planning committee members to disclose any financial relationships with companies providing program funding or manufacturers of any commercial products discussed in the program. The planning committee and program faculty report that they do not have financial relationships with manufacturers of any commercial products they discuss in the program.
- Commercial Support: This educational activity has not received any form of commercial support.
- Non-Endorsement of Products: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing and the American Nurses Credentialing Center does not endorse the use of any commercial products discussed or displayed in conjunction with this educational activity.
- ANCC: 7.00
- Event starts: Fri, Oct 10 2014 - 8:00 am
- Event ends: Fri, Oct 10 2014 - 5:00 pm
- Course opens: Tue, Jul 08 2014
- Course expires: Fri, Oct 03 2014
- Cost: $150.00
- Add to calendar:
Attendance at this conference will benefit advanced practice providers, transplant coordinators, registered nurses, and nursing students interested in learning more about transplantation.
- If paying by insitutional check, for groups of participants, email email@example.com.
- JHHS nurses may attend this conference without charge. Obtain your free code from the JHH Nursing intranet. You must use your Johns Hopkins email account to register for this course and appy the coupon.
- Undergraduate nursing students may attend this course for $75. If you are a JHUSON student, you may obtain your discount coupon code by going to the JHH Nursing intranet. You must use your school email account to register for the course. If you are a student from another school, email IJHN using your school email account and we will email you the coupon.
- Cancellation policy: 100% refund if cancellation is at least 2 weeks prior to event, 50% refund if cancellation is 1 week prior to event. No refund if cancellation is less than 1 week prior to event.
Faculty & credentials
- Deborah Baker, DNP, MSN, CRNP, Surgical Director of Nursing
- Ashish S. Shah, MD, Surgical Director, Lung Transplantation
- Brigitte Sullivan, MBA, Administrative Director of the Comprehensive Transplant Center
- Niraj Desai, MD, Director of the Kidney Transplant Program
- Jaclyn Bannon, MHA, Transplant Regulatory Program Manager
- Janet Hiller, RN, MSN, CCTC. Clinical Nurse Specialist, Incompatible Kidney Transplant Program
- Christine Durand, MD, Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Rebecca Fioretti, RN, VAD Coordinator
- Nancy Klemans, RN, BSN, VAD Coordinator
- Nabil Dagher, MD, Director of Living Donor Transplantation
- Elaina Burney, MS, CRNP-AC, Transplant Nurse Practitioner
- Lindsay Fessler, MS, CRNP, Transplant Nurse Practitioner
- Maura Belden, DNP, CRNP, Transplant Nurse Practitioner
- Katherine Rakestraw, RN, BSN, Pre-Liver Transplant Nurse Coordinator
- Mary Rudolfi, RN, BSN, GI/Liver Transplant Nurse Navigator
- Kathleen Shagena, MS, CRNP, Transplant Nurse Practitioner
- Deb Carter, MS, CRNP, CCTC, Adult Practicioner, Cardiac Transplant Coordinator
- Robert A. Montgomery, MD, DPhil, Chief, Division of Transplantation
- Benjamin Philosophe, MD, PhD, Clinical Chief of Division of Transplantation